Friday 6 February 2015


My love of Pink!

Jem and the Holograms, Tarina Tarantino, Betsey Johnson, Elsa Sciaparelli, Sophia Webster and, of course Barbie... these are my shocking pink heroes!




Pink has traditionally been thought of as a feminine colour, but I find it be very empowering and versatile. 

In color psychology, pink is a sign of hope, it inspires warm and comforting feelings, and the deeper the pink, the more passion and energy it shows. Combining pink with other darker colors such as dark blue, dark green, black or gray, adds strength and sophistication to this colour.

In honor of my favourite colour, I thought I would give some helpful tips on using this oh so roarsome colour in your interior scheme.

Decorating with hot, bold, bright pink can be tricky, but think small and powerful, (like me!) and you can’t go wrong.

When used right, hot pink is an amazing accent colour and can bring life in to your interior.

Try adding a piece of pink furniture to your room to make a statement, or painting an accent wall, or if you don’t want to make such a big commitment cushions, vases, or even a chandelier in bright pink will add energy to an otherwise calm room.









Try using bright pink with softer colours, like a pale pink, soft grey, or taupe for a more subtle approach or alternately use with darker colours for a more dramatic statement.



One of my favourite ways to use hot pink is to mix with gold for a sophisticated yet fun look.



Let me know how you get on, and please share your tips and secrets for decorating with bold and bright colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment